Space stations are explorable derelict structures that function similarly to ships, but with some differences:
- They cannot be commandeered
- These derelicts have significantly more airlock doors
- Unlike ships, space stations come in all four sizes (classes A, B, C and D)
- Space stations are noticeably larger than ships of the same class (size)
- Being larger, space stations contain a higher amount of loot
- As these stations aren't ships and don't really have a classification (unless you look at the derelict's directive), they contain no ship upgrades, let alone permanent ones.